Silent Retreat: San Luis Obispo
Jan 9, 2020 - Jan 13, 2020
True silence is not oppressive, it is not lonely, it is not disconnected from our world. True silence is THE internal CONDITION NECESSARY FOR CONNECTION TO OURSELVES, OTHERS AND OUR WORLD. It is rich, and it clears the path to insight and the qualities of joy, compassion, and equanimity that are available to us all.
Learn the value of a silent retreat with Senior Mindfulness and Compassion teacher Heather Prete as she guides us to experience our inner and outer world with bare awareness, the mind of true knowing and loving kindness. There will also be silent yoga taught daily by Thalia Ayres to explore what it feels like to meditate in motion.
“True silence is not a contraction, like the tightening and holding we associate with being told to behave in school. It is a process of gently unfolding into non-doing, of letting go of the habits that rob us of being truly here for ourselves and our lives. It is coming home…” – Heather Prete
We will be:
- Finding a place of peace and resiliency within ourselves, not dependent on outside conditions
- Learning to find the beauty inherent in each moment
- Cultivating equanimity and joy so we may be the love we wish for the world
- Savoring our inner goodness and the goodness of others
- Savoring our connection with the planet
This retreat is all levels
ALL STAFF WILL BE IN SILENCE UNLESS AN INDIVIDUAL NEEDS ASSISTANCE
Space is limited
Reserve your space today!
DatesJan 9, 2020 - Jan 13, 2020
Expected Arrival Time5:00pm
Price$1,375 - $2,200
InstructorsHeather Prete, Thalia Ayres
IncludedAccommodationsMealsDaily classes and lectures
Day 1 / Thursday January 9th
- 5 - 7 pm: Arrival
- 7 - 8 pm: Dinner
- 8 - 10 pm: Opening circle
- 10 pm: Silence begins
Day 2-4 / January 10-12:
- 9am breakfast
- 10am gentle yoga
- 11-11:45am break
- 11:45am-1pm meditation / dharma talk
- 1pm lunch
- 2-3:30pm dharma talk / walking meditation / silent sit
- 3:30-5pm break
- 5-7pm dharma talk / meditation / silent sit
- 7pm dinner
- 8-9:30pm meditation / dharma talk
Day 5 / January 13
- 9am gentle yoga
- 10am closing circle
- 11am farewell brunch
- 12pm check out
Our 45-acre mountain sanctuary is dedicated to peace and awakening in a breathtakingly beautiful and nurturing retreat environment. Our retreats are very intimate in size allowing for a quiet and restful stay with cuisine that is colorful, local, and deliciously vegetarian. We are 100% solar powered - fueled by the suns brilliant rays, committed to real and organic foods, and living with feathery creatures that present us with qi filled eggs every morning. We are not restrictive in philosophy and enjoy a strong cup of coffee in the morning and an occasional crunchy baguette with local goat cheese! Tucked away on 45 acres of scenic California mountain terrain, our property is a refuge of complete escape, privacy, and rejuvenation. Only two miles from the quaint and historic town of Santa Margarita in San Luis Obispo, we are surrounded by the preserved historic Santa Margarita Ranch. This is a one -of- a -kind dreamy Central Coast California getaway!
- LOCATION: Sagrada Wellness is located in California's Central Coast, 12 miles north of San Luis Obispo. It is midpoint between Los Angeles and San Francisco, 3.5 hour drive from each. We are about 4 miles off the famed Highway 101. Fly into San Luis Obispo's airport (SBP) if you want to get here fast and don't want to rent a car. It is about 20 minutes via taxi or Uber or Lyft ride from the airport in San Luis Obispo to Sagrada Wellness. If you want to see California and save some money fly into Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) or San Jose (SJC). Flying into any of these three airports will require a car rental. The drive from these airports is beautiful and full of interesting sites along the way.
- MEALS: We are about 95% vegan, 99% vegetarian and 90% gluten free. We do love an occasional crunchy baguette with local goat cheese!
- ABOUT SILENCE: Please note that this is a completely silent meditation retreat which means there will be no speaking, non-verbal communication, music or television. We will begin our silence at 10 pm on Thursday night after dinner and our opening circle and break the silence after breakfast on Monday morning. In order to reap the full benefits on this retreat, we encourage you to leave your phones with Heather and Thalia—or keep them turned off. If you must use a phone, please take a walk away from others. You will be able to provide your loved ones with the teachers cell number in case of emergency. The property is a designated digital detox center! Enjoy the natural world and the people around you, there is no wifi, however there is cell service :)
- PHOTOS: For more photos, please visit the gallery tab.
Heather Prete is a UCLA certified Mindfulness facilitator, Self-Compassion teacher, and Mindfulness in Recovery coach. She began her formal training with Tibetan Compassion practices in 1998 and has received instruction in the U.S. and Asia. Heather spent time training PhDs at the Tarzana Treatment center and working as a guiding teacher for Mindful School’s online adult courses (which were featured in Time magazine’s cover story, “The Mindful Revolution”). She also worked with those in recovery at Alternatives Treatment Center, Westside Treatment, and BLVD Centers.
Heather also spent 20 years in the theater. She is published in the book Remembering Arthur Miller and has been featured in The Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times, Time magazine, and Times of India. Since mindfulness transformed her own creative process, she’s worked with actors through the Khan Institute to teach her program, “Mindfulness for the Actor.”
Since 2000, Heather has remained committed to yearly retreats ranging from seven to 30 days in length and has completed three teacher trainings. She also sells her paintings to the lovely residents of Los Angeles.
Retreat Host & Co-Instructor
Thalia Ayres Randolph, (Reiki Master, Interfaith Reverend, End of Life Doula, E-RYT 500) has one mission… to ignite seeds of light within the hearts of every living being. She believes that the pursuit of enlightenment is a human birthright and is here to help you move beyond the physical self and tap into something much more real. She has been featured on CNN Business, ABC News, FOX News and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. She has also had the honor of performing alongside the Los Angeles Philharmonic as a Singing Bowl Soloist at the Hollywood Bowl under the musical direction of Gustavo Dudamel.
A Toronto native, she was introduced to Shamanism, Taoism, Yoga and A Course In Miracles from the time she was born. These practices are at the core of her spiritual foundation which started the groundwork for her own journey into the healing arts. In 2012 she moved to Cape Town, South Africa and embarked on a journey to Self, dedicating the time spent there to meditation and self-practice under the guidance of her Reiki Master. It was on this journey that she realized her purpose, to inspire and teach others how to uncover and magnify their own light. This lead her to move again and study at the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts in Arizona, learning from master teachers and healers, ultimately landing in Los Angeles where she resides today.
She is here to help you understand the role you play in your own healing as a means of self empowerment. Her life is dedicated to helping people connect to their higher self through meditation, yoga, reiki, sound healing and spiritual coaching. She believes that in order to transform our community at large, we must first start from within.
- Private bedroom
- Shared bath
Queen Bed: $2200/pp
- Shared bedroom
- Shared bath
Full or Twin Bed: $1375/pp
All pricing is per person based on accommodation preference.
Option 1: Pay in full at time of registration
Option 2: $750 non-refundable deposit holds your space (final payment is due Dec. 1, 2019). Payment plan available upon request